Friday, November 25, 2011

What I Am Thankful For: Modern Conveniences

Today is not Thanksgiving, and by some counts it is simply Christmas season. That's fine with me and my current blog series of thanks, for what greater thing do we have to be thankful for than Christ? Granted, I have only a limited ability to continue the same subject, but for a few days at least I'll be able to continue writing.

Something I've alluded to previously is that I'm thankful for the Internet, the vast series of connections between computers that allows me to write a blog entry and be read within moments by somebody days (walking distance) away. This is only one aspect of a world with incredible advancements in technology; not only can I share my testimony with you (who almost certainly isn't standing behind me) but we also have better materials, better education, and better entertainment than we did decades ago. I am grateful that I have the chance to grow up with pictures of the earth at night to enjoy as a youth and not just gazes at the stars.

About 11 years old, and still amazing to see. Source

I have grown up with conveniences that pioneers never could have imagined. Also, I have grown up with conveniences that pioneers made possible. It is impossible to be truly grateful with what I have today without being grateful for those that made it possible. I'm not a history buff, but I know that looking to our yesterdays allows us to appreciate our todays. I am also thankful for my God, who loves his children and has a plan in place to best help them. Remember as you go through your week, to "give thanksgiving daily" (Alma 34:38) for He really does send us blessings. This I know, and I am grateful for the idea a relative gave me to blog about being grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...