Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thermite: Reaction

I've already explained what a thermite reaction is. I've already compared the different parts of this reaction for your understanding. Now I'll tie it all back together, and you can decide if you want a part of this.

My comparison has been leading to conversion, and how similar it is to a thermite reaction. True conversion is an amazing thing, can light others on fire (spiritually), and won't stop working for the person under normal or even many abnormal circumstances. It takes a few key ingredients to work, and won't happen by accident. It will be an unforgettable moment in your life, and you can experience it by following a simple recipe. However, it is just the first step. After the initial reaction, some heat remains but it is all too possible for everything to cool off completely if more action isn't done.

If you have worked properly and are ready to hear the truth, when it hits you amazing things will happen. If you feel the feelings mentioned in Galatians while working on your prayers and study, that is how you can gain the same type of conversion that you might hear others talk about, be it Peter of old or Brian of mormon.org. Recognize the stirrings within you, and talk to your missionaries. You will not regret it. However, you need to act on it. Be ready and willing to change your life, or your feelings will stop just as a fire will eventually go out unless action is taken.

Now that my comparison is complete, I would like to take this opportunity to share something personal. This is my path along the process of conversion. I've stated that I've gained this conversion through revelation by the power of the Holy Ghost. This started when I was quite young, maybe 5 or 6 years old, and I only fully realized it a few months ago when I was trying to pinpoint my conversion. Hopefully you'll be more aware of your life than I was.

So, my parents were "Mormons" since they were young. They've both served missions and are great examples of living righteously and have helped me grow up. Despite the way they can affect my actions, I still needed to decide for myself. I remember one church meeting when the speaker was talking about the necessity of asking in prayer if the Book of Mormon is true. I, being maybe 6 years old, felt a great desire to do this. I knew that this was something I needed to do. I took that moment right then and there to kneel down next to the pew and say a prayer. I don't remember the words of that prayer, I don't remember the rest of that day or what I was feeling after that prayer. However, I knew that I needed to. Because I didn't get that answer right away, I didn't do too much. I lived my life, I obeyed my parents, I was active and willing in the church. However, I was rarely annoyed about going to church, I learned the stories, and I never doubted them. I tell you now that I know that my simple and heartfelt prayer between the pews that day opened the way for a knowledge to steadily and stealthily grow as I always felt good about the Book of Mormon. Now I am trying to share this wealth of joy with you.

I have since felt the "fruits of the Spirit" so many times in connection with my church activity. I felt them while listening to others talk of their conversion, I felt it while talking about truth, I've felt it now while I share this precious moment with you. I know now that because of my simple prayer as a young boy, I can tell you that I know that Jesus Christ has restored His church today. I know this more than anything else, be it simple math or advanced history. And I know that you can know this just as much as I do.
Read the Book of Mormon. Pray to know if it's true. Be willing to listen and act on your answer.
I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...